1. Blueberries - These little bites of flavor are packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids, these berries are also high in potassium and vitamin C, making them the top choice of doctors and nutritionists. What you need to know is they can they lower your risk of cancer, heart disease and they are also anti-inflammatory.
- How to Prepare: Eat them alone, add them to cereal, yogurt, or throw them into a smoothie
2. Garbanzo Beans - Beans are your friends. They’re rich in protein, fiber, magnesium, iron, potassium, and zinc. Simple as that.
- How to Prepare: Drain them, rinse them, and toss a handful in a green salad; add them into vegetable stews, soups, and curries; mix them with brown rice, whole wheat couscous, bulgur, or other whole grains.
3. Spinach - I can't go without mentioning my favorite Superfood and Hint of Green. Spinach is jam-packed with vitamins A, C, and K, folate, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, lutein, and fiber.
- How to Prepare: Steam it, sauté it, or just eat it raw. Use it for a salad base, add it to a sandwich, serve it as a side dish at any meal, or even add to a smoothie. You can't go wrong just serving it with a splash of lemon juice or red wine vinegar.