Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Can You Have 3 Hints of Green in 1 Day?!?!


Today I challenge myself and you to have 3 Hints of Green.

As I mentioned yesterday, I couldn't be happier to be back on my feet!!!! I started the day off with a Strawberry and Pear Smoothie with a handful of Spinach; I can't miss my Hint of Greens!

After that I was off to the gym for 60 minutes on the bike, I am pleased to say I was on the stationary bike for 60 minutes and rode 10.5 miles (while also getting some reading done for my Nutrition class). It was nice to be doing cardio, feeling the effects and reading about exercise at the same time.

I finished up my workout with a circuit on the Body Wedge. For those not familiar with the wedge I have included a picture. It is a circuit of 21 exercises including arms, abdominals and legs.

Once I was done with the gym I stopped by Eataly to get some food for a small dinner party I am having tonight and then it was time to head home and re-fuel.



With that being said below is today's lunch
- 6oz Dover Sole
- Kale (Hint of Green)
- Tomatoes
- Mediterranean Seasoning
- 2 tbsp EVOO
 
First I washed and diced the tomatoes and Kale and seasoned the fish
Next I heated 1 tbsp of EVOO and added the Kale and sautéed
Once the Kale was almost cooked I added the fish and Tomatoes to the pan to cook
 
I cooked the fish on each side until opaque.
Finally I placed the Kale and Tomatoes on the plate and topped with the fish

Lunch is served!!!
Stay tuned for my post for tonight’s dinner of a Farmers Market Tomato Salad and Linguini with Sausage and Peppers, and yes there will be a Hint of Green in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment