Sunday, April 17, 2011

My New Love, Cilantro Margaritas

Last night was my friend Lucy's birthday and she decided on Vamos! for dinner. Seeing as I had Taco Night Friday it seemed fitting in the theme of my weekend.  

Since dinner was at 9pm I didn't want to eat to heavy so I approached the meal with a plan. I find it important to map out your meal if eating out; I tend to check a menu prior to make sure there is something healthy on the menu.

I do like to indulge a bit on the weekend, with that said I called up my friend Cari and asked her if she wanted to split Shrimp Fajitas, of course she was interested so that is just what we did.

Ilene, Cari and Myself
We sat down for dinner and everyone ordered a Cilantro Margarita, I had never been to Vamos! before and never had the drink and let me tell you it was AMAZING!!!!!

The Shrimp Fajitas were fantastic and the Margaritas (two to be exact) totally hit the spot!!!!
  



It's nice to be able to go out to eat and not have to worry about caloric intake while out since you have already planned your day or week to fit it in. I will gladly bike a few extra miles to have a cocktail with friends.

Life is all about balance; hit the gym for a few extra minutes if you are concerned about a group dinner, read the menu beforehand so you are not overwhelmed by options when you arrive. You are in charge of your life and your choices, so make good ones and most of all have fun!!!!
Happy Birthday Lucy!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment