Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happiness is....

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain."

After 8 weeks of rain, today the rainbow finally came through; pretty ironic that it is a rainy NYC day. After 8 weeks sitting around I finally am back in the gym and got to celebrate with Nikki!!!!

Today I woke up to the sounds of drills in what seemed to be every apartment around mine. So I decided to be proactive now that I have the go ahead to begin slowly working out. So I put on my gym clothes grabbed my Nutrition textbook and headed to NYHRC.

I planted myself on a stationary bike and figured I would get to about 20 minutes and be shot... well I was wrong, and couldn't be happier. I sat on the bike reading for a total of 63 minutes which came to 8 miles and 285 calories burned, I couldn't be more pleased, but it didn't stop there.

My BFF/Gym Partner Nikki decided to come and meet me and we then spent an hour catching up (though we had just seen each other Sunday) and continued the workout with arms, leg lifts and abdominal exercises (thanks to a trainer between clients my abs are already sore).

I finished with some stretching and then decided it was off to Eataly I go. Nikki decided to come with me after a little push... We intended to pick up food that I would prepare for dinner but after seeing a couple eating a great sandwich  we decided to split one and have some wine, really who can turn down a glass of wine and a light lunch?!?! Not this girl.

We spilt a sandwich of Italian Chicken Burger with Shrimp in a Tomato Sauce... HEAVEN!!! And the perfect size to split after a workout.

This was by far one of the best weekdays I have had in a while. I am so happy to be back in the gym and glad I can walk around again with just minimal pain.

While I was at Eataly I also got some food to cook for dinner so stay tuned for that.... It will be a dish with Dover Sole, Quinoa and mixed vegetables

Hope you are having a great Tuesday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment