Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hint of Greens Sauce 4.5.11

I had a few leftover vegetables that I had  not had a chance to use last week, and I wasn't about to let them go to waste so I decided to take a few minutes out of my afternoon to make a Hint of Greens sauce.

Ingredients:
1 Zucchini
1 Eggplant
5 Brussels Sprouts
1 Can Peeled Plum Shaped Tomatoes
2 tbsp EVOO
1 Garlic Clove
Italian Seasoning


Clean and dice vegetables and then coat with a 1 tbsp and a dash of seasoning
Cut up Garlic and heat in deep pan with EVOO. Once pan is heated place vegetables in pan and sauté until vegetables are partially cooked
Slowly start adding the tomatoes into the pan (I like to squeeze them in order to release some juice and to break up the whole tomatoes)
Cover and simmer sauce
Once it is finished you can add this to a chicken or fish dish, or for a quick meal add it to some whole wheat pasta.

Note: Eggplant is considered a brain food so this meal is not only smart on the wallet, but it also contains nasunin a potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger that has been shown to protect cell membranes from damage

No comments:

Post a Comment