Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Something New

Being allergic to dairy I often have trouble deciding what to eat for breakfast. I can't wake up and grab a yogurt, a bowl of cereal and milk, toast with a Laughing Cow Cheese, and let’s face it cooking eggs for breakfast every morning will likely lead me to high cholesterol within weeks and it will not fully satisfy my hunger.

Over the past 6 months I have become a smoothie addict. I used to frequent Jamba Juice and would always stop in Planet Smoothie when in Penn Station, but now I make my own smoothies for breakfast as well as snacks. 

When I started making smoothies peaches and strawberries were in season and as far as I am concerned there is no better smoothie combination. Throughout the past 6 months I have tried many combinations including: strawberries, pears, peaches, mangos, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, bananas. It was not until last week that I thought, why not add "A Hint of Greens" and this is when I thought to myself you finally have a blog name and a serving of vegetables for breakfast. My first trial was with spinach and it worked perfectly slightly cutting the sweetness of the fruit but still allowing the fruit flavors to come through. Today I tried another green Kale (as I had leftover from my Krispy Kale recipe) and it was just as good as the spinach.

Today I went with strawberry, pear and kale smoothie, it was great and kept me full for 3 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment