Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Do You Have 20 Minutes?


Shrimp, Vegetables, Israeli Cous Cous
If the answer is yes, then there is no reason you shouldn't be able to prepare yourself a healthy nutritious meal.

As I have mentioned I do not like to slave over the stove all day, but I do like to eat healthy foods with great flavors. I try to keep balance of vegetable, protein and whole grain in all of my dishes and am very pleased when I can be in and out of the kitchen in 20 minutes. While some of the dishes are raw, I cook plenty of meals in the same time.

Turkey Sausage, Broccolini, Whole Wheat Pasta


All of the photos in this post are meals I have cooked in 20 minutes or less each containing A Hint of Green!
 
 A few tips to assist in making a quick meal:

- Stock up on Vegetables - stop by the grocery store or farmers market for fresh vegetables once a week (you can use frozen as well, but I tend to get better flavor from fresh and tend to not need much seasoning)
  
Squid Ink Linguini, Clams, Calamari and Broccolini


- Have Protein Available - in a pinch you can defrost a batch of chicken or shrimp from a freezer if you don't have time to go to a store, take it out of the freezer and place in the fridge in the morning before you start your day, or if you forget you can defrost in a microwave
 
- Fill your Cabinets - brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta all staples I like to keep on my shelves as should you

Mixed Vegetable and Chicken Salad

It is easy to make excuses... 
- I am tired
- I have no time
- Take-Out and Delivery are so much easier

But trust me, once you stop making excuses and start cooking your meals you will feel lighter and your wallet will feel heavier!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment