Monday, March 28, 2011

Oy Gevalt, What's for Dinner?

My Grandma Sally just called from Florida to see if I have channel 238, she seems to think 238 in Tamarac is the same as NYC. Anyway she was watching a show called "Feed Me Bubbe" and she thought what a great idea it would be to have her Jewish granddaughter on television cooking. I asked her if she would settle for hearing about my dinner and being in a blog post. She was thrilled at the offer.

With that said tonight I decided to make use of leftovers around my kitchen:
  
Ingredients:

- Trader Joes brand Israeli Cous Cous
- 1/4 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 5 Brussels Sprouts
- Handful of Kale
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Chicken Apple Sausages from Agata & Valentina
- 1 Can Chicken Broth
  
1. Place Cous Cous in small pot and follow directions (I used chicken broth in replace of water to add more flavor)

2. Cut up vegetables. Place Zucchini, Pepper and Brussels Sprouts in the pan as they take a bit longer to cook


3. After Sautéing Zucchini, Pepper and Brussels Sprouts for a few minutes I added in the Kale and Cherry Tomatoes to cook for a few more minutes


4. Once the vegetables are fully cooked I placed them into the pot of Cous Cous and let simmer on low heat


5. While the Cous Cous and Vegetables were simmering in the pot I placed the Chicken Apple Sausage in a pan to cook. I let it cook on each side for a few minutes before removing the casing




6. Once the Chicken Apple Sausage was cooked fully through I added it to the pot of Cous Cous and Vegetables to simmer for a few more minutes before serving


And there you have it, dinner is served...

Note: This recipe can be adapted for a vegeterian by cooking Cous Cous with Vegetable Broth or Water and by not adding the Chicken Apple Sausage.


No comments:

Post a Comment