Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Hint of Greens Snack - 3.29.11

The calendar says it spring and the sun shining through my window makes it feel like summer, so why not a summer inspired salad for an afternoon snack?

This week I am trying to use up the food I have in my fridge and freezer before I get to the grocery store. I have noticed I can come up with some great meals, its all about pairing flavors and textures that you enjoy.

With that said I introduce you to one of the easiest meals you can make that has not one, but two Hints of Green!

Shrimp, Apple, Avocado Salad
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Avocado
- 6 Large Shrimp
- Salt and Pepper to Season

Since I am using ingredients I have on hand I used frozen shrimp that I had in my freezer. I find it really helpful to have a bag of frozen shrimp on hand to add to any meal, salads, pasta dishes, you name it.

If you prefer not to use frozen shrimp fresh grilled shrimp go great as well, and if you have a few minutes and want to kick the dish up a notch go crazy and coat them in a little panko bread crumbs before you grill them.

Think of all of the things you can do with just the ingredients in your refrigerator and freezer...

2 comments: