Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dining on a Cleanse

Now that I have added Protein back into my diet I decided to cook myself a nice balanced dinner. 

Tilapia and Cockles with Kale and Cherry Tomatoes

Ingredients:
Tilapia Filet
Cockles
Kale
Cherry Tomatoes
2 tsps EVOO
Brown Rice

First I lightly season the Tilapia with a little seasoning and then place in a non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. I cook the fish on both sides and then add the cockles into the pan as well and coat the fish and clams with chicken broth for added seasoning. 
  Once the clams and broth are added to the pan I cover and let simmer until the clams open. While the fish is cooking I add my Hint of Green, kale and cherry tomatoes to another non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sauté until fully cooked.
In a third pot I cooked up some Instant Brown Rice to add to the meal. I know what you are thinking after my post earlier today, why didn't I have black rice? And the reason is the cleanse allows for wild and brown rice only. 

On the cleanse I am supposed to eat 3oz of protein 3 times a day so this dish will last me for 2 meals. Dinner (and leftovers for lunch) made easy in just 20 minutes.
For “desert” or my evening smoothie I decided to have A Hint of Green Antioxidant Smoothie filled strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, kale and Standard Process Complete Powder
 The perfect way to end a Cleanse Day 9… stay tuned for Day 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment