Thursday, October 13, 2011

Farmer's Market - Part VII

My first stop at the Farmer's Market is always at Lani’s Farm Inc. Each week I find such unique items including unique squashes, okra, shishito peppers, long beans, melons, and tatsoi.

This week was no different, I walked over to Lani's and was greeted by a man cooking up some Japanese Eggplant and as soon as I tasted it I knew I would be incorporating this item into my week. I walked over to pick up some eggplant and also took note of Neon Eggplant which had a similar look to Fairytale Eggplant

Japanese Eggplant - Is dark purple almost brown looking skin similar to a traditional eggplant. This eggplant has a very sweet, creamy, and non-bitter flavor without seeds. To cook simply slice in half and brush with a bit of EVOO and simply roast or grill. If you prefer to mix them into a dish they are also great diced up and sauteed with a bit of EVOO and sea salt. 
 

Neon Eggplant - Similar to the fairytale eggplant is a dark pink fruit with a tender bitter-free taste which has a creamy white flesh. 
 
Anyway you eat it eggplant is a great BRAIN FOOD to add into your diet. 

Past Entries:

No comments:

Post a Comment