Monday, October 3, 2011

Meatless Monday

Through the Health Coach program at IIN I am learning a great deal about nutrition, dietary theories and the best part is applying them to not only the life of clients but to my life as well. After learning a great deal about raw foods I made the decision that I would go raw 1 day a week as well as incorporate a day of no meat to my diet to better allow my body to digest, heal and work to its full potential. 

After a weekend that included red meat, fresh fries and more I decided today would be a good day to go meatless and incorporate mainly raw foods. 

I started the morning with Tons of Greens Juice - Spinach, Cucumber, Apple, Parsley, Ginger, Lemon (I substituted Kale for Spinach since I had it on hand) 
After an hour workout it was off to the farmer's market to pick up some fresh vegetables. I then headed home and made myself a Meatless Monday sandwich.

- Whole foods hummus
- Shredded Carrots
- Sprouts
- Cucumber
- Heirloom Tomato
- 2 slices of Bread Alone Organic 9-Grain Bread

Now, what to make for Meatless dinner? Perhaps some tomato soup with quinoa and broccoli rabe... stay tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment