Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SP Cleanse - Day 10 - Cooking

I woke up this morning to find that the water was shut in my building. So I decided to brush my teeth with some bottled water... I know I am so fancy right?! I then had a bowl full of berries, usually I would have started the day with a SP Complete Smoothie but with no running water I didn't want to leave a mess to later clean up.

I headed off to NYHRC for a Body Sculpt class with one of my favorite instructors, I can’t wait until I can go to Zumba before Sculpt, but my foot just is not yet ready.

After the gym I headed to the Union Square Farmer’s Market to see what was available today. I picked up some fresh Asparagus as well as some more Tatsoi as I enjoyed it so much raw last week and thought I would try and cook it this week. It had been a while since I had seen Windfall Farms at the market and I was thrilled to see they were there. I stocked up on some sunflower greens, pea greens as well as mixed greens. After I hit the market I decided I would make a salad for lunch.

I headed over to Whole Foods and picked up some Tilapia as well as Cod which was today’s special and a few Cockles to add for flavor for tonight’s dinner.

Then I was headed home and had a salad in mind for lunch.

Mixed Green Salad with Tilapia and Clementine’s

Ingredients:
Mixed Greens
Sunflower Greens
Pea Greens
1 Kirby Cucumber
¼ Avocado
1 Clementine
1 pc Tilapia
1 tsp EVOO

First I placed the Mixed, Sunflower and Pea Greens in a bowl.

Next I heated a nonstick pan with 1 tsp of EVOO and placed the Tilapia in the pan. I seared on each side and then squeezed half of the Clementine over the fish.
I sliced the remaining Clementine over the salad and squeezed them a bit for a bit of flavor and added in the Cucumber and Avocado.
Once the fish finished cooking I placed it over the salad.
And good news, the water is back on!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for such a different and intriguing salad! I have been eating salads daily for lunch, but am getting tired of the same old thing. Your salad actually made me hugry and want to try it. I love the clementines as a nice finish. What a great idea! Thanks for posting the recipe.
    Liz Scala (@CoachScala)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it!

    More to come.....

    ReplyDelete