Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Sweet Treat

I am a big lover of melons, but a few years ago while on a Candida cleanse a doctor advised me to stop eating cantaloupe since it tends to grow mold on the skin. With that said my love for watermelon and honeydew grew exponentially. That was until this week. 

While shopping in the farmer’s market I took a bite of a sample Honey Sweet Melon that had been sliced up, this melon was DELICIOUS!!!! When sliced up this melon is white in color and from the outside it looks very similar to honeydew. 

I picked up the melon at Lani Farm’s they always have great produce ranging from items new to me  such as Shishito Peppers, Avocado Squash and Tatsoi to staples such as tomatoes and asparagus. 

Be sure to check out the Honey Melon while it is still in season.



No comments:

Post a Comment