Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fun Fruity Salad


I read a recipe in a magazine a few years back that incorporated Asian Pears into salad. I have since been addicted to the costly fruit, so I do try and put it to good use. Here is a recipe for one of my favorite salads.



Ingredients:

For Salad:

- Handful of Spinach Leaves

- Handful of Romaine Lettuce

- Handful of Pea Shoots

- 4-6 Strawberries

- 1/2 Asian Pear

- 1 stalk Hearts of Palm

- 1/4 Cucumber

- 1/4 Avocado

- 3oz Chicken



For Dressing:

- EVOO

- Balsamic Vinegar

- Water

- 1 Egg Yolk



For the Salad:

Well folks it’s a salad, so I will keep it simple. Cut up the lettuce, dice up the vegetables, slice the fruit and chicken and mix it all in a bowl.




For the Dressing:

I use this container to make measuring easy and so I have dressing for a few days. 2 parts vinegar, 1 part water, 1 part EVOO, 1 egg yolk... then SHAKEEEEEE!



Pour some dressing on top of the salad and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This sounds delish and the dressing is SO easy:) I think I will save this for a post Thanksgiving turkey leftover meal!

    ReplyDelete